5 Tips For A Fantastic Yearbook Distribution Day
You did it! You organized, planned and designed your heart out. You submitted your yearbook in a blaze of glory. Now what? Your work of art is going to arrive and needs to land in the hands of your students. You need a distribution day plan. Take the time between submission and delivery to plan a distribution and signing day your students will never forget! Here are some of our favorite tips for a successful distribution day:
• PROMOTE AND PUBLICIZE - In order to have a successful distribution day, students, parents and staff need to know when and where it’s happening. Once you’ve cleared your ideas with school administration, hang posters around the school and request the information be shared via school website or email announcements. Download our distribution day posters here and here - just add your own details and you're done!
• GET ORGANIZED - You already have a list of students that purchased yearbooks. Set up tables dividing up the number of buyers into groups according to alphabetized last names. Utilize volunteers to man each table and provide them with a list of buyers that corresponds with the table they are at. Add a smaller table off to the side for questions or any problems that may arise. If you can move "hiccups" out of the way, the process will be smooth sailing! Make nice big, colorful signs so students can easily see where they can pick up their yearbook. The kids are going to be excited, get ready for some fun!
• PLAN A SIGNING PARTY - Everyone loves to look back at their yearbook and read what their friends wrote. Giving students time to exchange yearbooks for signing keeps yearbooks from being a distraction during class and can be a great memory-making experience!
• MAKE IT A FUNDRAISER- Take advantage of the level of participation and make a little extra money for next year’s book! Sell markers or pens in school colors or colorful packs that will make signing that much more fun. Try selling snacks such as popcorn or cookies donated by local businesses for students to enjoy while they socialize and wish each other well.
• HAVE FUN! - Time for you to sit back and relax while you enjoy all the smiling faces that appreciate the hard work you’ve done!